Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Bible reading these last 9 days have taken me

up thru chapter 9 of Hebrews---i am reading in the Message translation---it is so fresh to my mind, since i have always read and been taught out of the King James Version. Really liking  it.
 This illo keeps getting changes---it should have taken 2 days to paint it.... but alas...more than 2. Finishing today God willing.
 also---i have mentioned in the past that i do the Biblegateway.com year thru the Bible for my daily reading...missing somedays, catching up usually, but not always. I have been doing this  for the last 5 years at least. I usually bog down in the prophets, and end up only reading the New Testament until the plan resurfaces with some easier to read and digest material....but i have been pretty diligent in  going thru Jeremiah...which has led me into history of Babylon and  those who crushed Babylon. Whew. I NEVER could make it thru this in the KJV. Heavy stuff. Interesting.    BACK TO WORK!!!  FINISH THAT COVER FOR  FOCUS NOW!!!!!

2 comments:

Bret A. Melvin said...

Kudos on the discipline, man.
I always labor in the O.T. myself. I came across a great resource that helped me out a TON. It's called "The Bible Fast Forward" by Greg Koukl. He's an apologist, writer, and teacher who also does a call in radio show called "Stand to Reason".

Anyway, he breaks the whole Bible down chronologically, thematically, and theologically over a series of 8 lessons. Absolutely mind-blowing stuff.

Shoot me a message if you're interested. I bet you'd like it :)

Gary Locke said...

i like stand to reason!----i am thinking of doing the chronilogical reading next year...but i'm not such a logical man. maybe that will help! Thanx Bret