Thursday, October 8, 2009

9 years have passed---Miss you Mark Gillming 44



i sat in church that sunday morning, in the balcony.... lookin down, from behind on Mark in his black leather coat ( it was exceeding cold that day) thinking how cool it was to see that young man grow up here....... really proud of him....... he was such a leader in the youth dept, to my freshman son, and on his team. He even played with me the morning before, on our cherry street flag football team. He wore my 1980 high school jersey, i wore the 1981jersey (so we matched---#40 with LOCKE on the back) and we shared receiver gloves( i wore the right, he wore the left)......i kept telling him to be careful not to get injured, "your coach will kill me if you get hurt!"..... he made some incredible plays that cold saturday morning.... he made me nervous and proud....... all of that was going thru my head as his dad spoke that sunday morning....i smiled..............................i worked that sunday evening....... Disty called me as i sat at my table painting the hottest painting i had due the next day................. then...... all i could do was yell "NO!!!!!"...............................................i'll never forget the sunday morning after!..I have never been so angry in a church service in my life before or since...... man did we blow it as a church. i'm getting over it ...albeit slowly. Gary Locke 40

No comments: